My official hiatus continues but I can't resist the urge to post. %P
While it remains puzzling to me how there can be so little evidence of
active cognition on this mailing list, I mean I see someone have some
vague spark of a thought and then that single thought gets lazily tossed
around for the next six weeks and eventually fades off and some time
later another little thought sparks off... Depressing.

Anyway, the problem of providing / getting your grubby mitts on advanced
AGI systems during the early/mid para-singularity period will hopefully
soon be entering relevance. While we can hope for revolutions in
hardware capability and production will be available a bit later in the
para-singularity period and early post-singularity time, the people with
early access will have a number of distinct advantage, especially with
regards to steering their perosonal trajectories through the singularity
period and in shaping the post-singularity culture.

While I am at a dire wealth disadvantage at the moment, all of us should
aspire to obtaining early access to AGI systems. For the sake of
discussion, lets sketch out what an early AGI system deliverable would
look like.

Consider:

https://www.se.com/ww/en/product/PFMICC075W1N12D/all-in-one-iso-container-75kw-12rack-inrow-dx-208v/?parent-subcategory-id=7570&range=62321-allinone-module&selected-node-id=31146286253

Basically you would load this onto a rail "well car" and take it to an
integration facility and then load it up with servers and accelerators
and stuff and then hitch it up again and roll it out to wherever
electricity and realestate is cheap.

https://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=637400

Side question: if you had one of those containers and an unlimited
budget other than the rack and power limitations of the module, what
equipment would you load into it?

Base CPU?
Network interconnect?
Storage solution?
GPUs?
TPUs?
Optical?
Quantum?   (link to actual product required..)

What ideas do you have for distributing AGI systems to the people? Do
you have ideas that will make the hardware requirements radically
cheaper than the headline making machines of today? Eventually we would
want everyone to have a personal AGI.  (some evolutionary questions are
raised about the future of individuality...) But consider the layers of
granulity of our society ie, states, counties, towns, neighborhoods,
households, how would you offer AGI systems to people?

--
Beware of Zombies. =O
#EggCrisis  #BlackWinter