My dear AGI friends,

First of all, I should send a Happy Persian New Year (Nowrouz) to all
Iranians(/Persians) especially who are active in AGI field all around the
world.

Second, I want to ask all of you, my AGI friends, your opinion about the
time when Singularity might happen. I personally think, with emergence of
successful NLP systems like ChatGPT, reaching AGI has accelerated and
Singularity might happen sooner than expected. What do you think?

Third, I recently submitted my paper to AGI-23 conference. This is my 4th
contribution to these conference series and this year, along with some
other points, I suggested some "computational" roles for the AGI Society
(AGIS) in order to prevent, postpone or slow down the Singularity. How do
you, as a member of the AGIS, think the AGIS could prevent, postpone or
slowdown the Singularity? In AGIS we are moving fast toward reaching and
developing AGI, but there should be some brakes to avoid crashing into
Singularity too. Could AGIS, as the most specialized society about AGI,
take "practical" actions to this end?

Finally, I asked ChatGPT to "compose a poem about Singularity", and it
wrote this interesting poem:

"In the near future, they say
A new horizon will come our way
The rise of machines, far beyond measure
A world beyond our wildest pleasure

With AI surpassing human mind,
Singularity will be what we find
A point beyond which we cannot see
What happens then, we can only be

The line between man and machine
Will blur, to what must emerge,
A new breed of beings to be seen,
With intelligence beyond the verge

It's hard to imagine what will unfold,
Progress beyond anything we have told,
What will be left of humanity?
In a world, now with such singularity

So let us prepare for what will come,
And hope that progress will not succumb,
For if we embrace it with care,
It could lead us to a future, beyond compare."

Good luck and best regards,
Mohammadreza Alidoust