I just had a thought waking up this morning. The way Auto GPT works sounds suspiciously like what I think Marvin Minsky said in his book "Society of Mind". (My evil roommate has a copy, haven't read it myself...) I think Minsky's postulate was that the mind was composed of dozens of specilized little-brain modules.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the remarkablest thing about Auto-GPT is that you get to witness the AI's internal monologue as it problem-solves. Obviously that is an important step. But from that we get the organized proto-mathical mode of thought that makes higher intelligence and problem solving possible.

The neural systems do have a pre-conscious mode, but it exists only between the layers of the DNN, it can't be communicated between modules or be part of a higher reasoning process, there is no "flow" state of consciousness, or meditation, or intuitive thought process.

In a well developed human mind, both the redictionistic and wholistic modes of thought are important parts of the synergy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTZ804WxpGg

--
Beware of Zombies. =O
#EggCrisis  #BlackWinter