On Thursday, July 13, 2023, at 4:08 PM, Matt Mahoney wrote:
> Movies today use a lot of animation and if you read the credits, sometimes
> thousands of digital artists, implying a big budget and massive computing
> power. We just got to the point of realistic human faces in still images, but
> movies are still mostly using human actors. If this could all be automated,
> movies would be individually generated for each viewer and be interactive,
> more like a video game. It would use your eye movements and facial
> expressions to direct the plot. Music would be a custom experience too.
>
> How soon? I think on the scale of human brain sized neural networks, in the
> tens of petaflops and a petabyte, trained on years of video and music. We
> have a serious power problem, though. Right now you need a megawatt of
> electricity and we are running out of ways to reduce power. You can't make
> transistors smaller than atoms.
:) Human brains can dream of movies easily, even ones that would cost trillions
of zillions of dollars, and it only takes me about 2 hours for a 2 hour movie.
I can do this nicely if daydream, but can see it for real if go to bed and
dream and get lucky to see something sci fi.

It doesn't require more than 1 person - just me.