On Tuesday, July 25, 2023, at 10:10 AM, Matt Mahoney wrote:
> Consciousness is what thinking feels like, the positive reinforcement that
> you want to preserve by not dying.

I use another definition but taking yours then we could say that the Universe
is self-simulating itself. Through all compression simultaneously occurring on
Earth for example, improving over time, the Universe is modelling itself by
utilizing the renewing graph of human brain nodes. Why is it doing that?
Because the universe is thinking and it feels good and it's self-reflecting.
Though at times itโ€™s gets angry and wants to know its own K complexity and
throws rocks at Earth so we need to appease it once in a while with better
compression ratios ๐Ÿ˜Š