> As I said (maybe you read what I had written as a joke) reconfigurable
> logic is your best choice. It's almost as good as custom hardware. Even
> though its pricey, you only have to buy it once and simply upload new
> designs to it.

no, I didn't take it as a joke.  I know FPGA's and such are the best choice
if you are developing processor intensive custom applications such as an
AGI.  They are indeed expensive...

the general thrust of my post though was about bringing supercomputer power
to your average joe. :)

J Standley

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]