> > As you can imagine it's very weak spatially, but far more precise
> > temporally than PET or FMRI, which can only measure blood flow
> > changes occuring 1 second or more after the source activity.
> >
> > I think combined MEG/FMRI(or was it PET/FMRI) is going to be able
> > to get the best of both worlds.  Either way, there are plenty of
> > technological obstacles.
>
> We need one of the technologies to evolve to the point where it delivers
> decent spatial AND temporal resolution...

That's exactly what I meant actually: combined FMRI and MEG within the same
experiment.  You get data from each simultaneously and combine them afterwards, using
the spatially precise FMRI data to pin down the temporally precise MEG data.  It's
hard to squeeze a MEG rig into an FMRI machine at the moment, particularly without
using ferrous metals (ouch).  But I'm sure they'll figure it out in the near future.

Hopefully they don't yank off anyone's head in the process.  7 Tesla magnets are
scary.

-Brad