Ben Goertzel wrote:

However, the society approach does not prevent a whole society of AGI's from "drifting into evil". How good is our understanding of AGI sociodynamics??? ;-) This approach just replaces one hard problem with another... which may or may not be even harder...

Indeed; if one cannot describe the moral dynamics of that physical process which looks to human eyes like "one AI", how would one describe the physical process which looks to human eyes like "many AI"? A good theory should be able to describe the moral dynamics of both, including important empirical differences (if any). As far as I'm concerned, physically implemented morality is physically implemented morality whether it's a human, an AI, an AI society, or a human society.