Hi all,

Someone just pointed out to me, offlist, an embarrassing "typographical"
oddity in my online paper on Mindplexes.

> I'm generally a silent observer of the [EMAIL PROTECTED]  However, I
> wanted to point out an apparent typographical oversight or potentially
> distasteful 'hack' in your paper.
>
> Please make note under "2.3 The Singularity" the reference to Eliezer
> Yudkowsky aka "Yudkowsky [fuckwad1] has put particular effort into
> understanding the AI aspects of the singularity, discoursing
> extensively on
> the notion of Friendly AI [19] - the creation of AI systems that, as they
> rewrite their own source code, achieving progressively greater and greater
> intelligence, leave invariant the portion of their code requiring
> them to be
> friendly to human beings."

Oh goodness!  That little notation "[fuckwad1]" had nothing to do with
Eliezer or my opinion of him (which is reasonably positive)... but was a
remnant of a joke a friend played on me in 2001, where he reset my username
in Word to "fuckwad"....

Apparently, all Comments (created using the Word "Comment" feature) in my
MS-Word file were automatically appended with my username... and this
carried over into the HTML version!

Arrrgh.  I'll edit that out of the Mindplex paper tonight.

Stranger things have been seen on God's green Earth ;-)

ben g