From: "Pei Wang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>[...] On the other hand, the part of NARS that is inconsistent
>with PT (such as the induction rule and the abduction rule)
>looks simply wrong, and it conflicts with the results of
>experiments designed according to PT.

I took a brief look at your NARS site, but I haven't read the
papers yet. Just a quick question: Do you think your ideas of
induction and abduction etc can be formulated in a Bayesian
framework?

It has been proven that any dynamical neural net that do
pattern recognition are equivalent to Bayesian classifiers;
It should come as no surprise that the visual part of our
brain appears Bayesian.

By the way, an interesting example is the following:

1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, ___ ?

Which all of us will give the answer 256, but a simple
Bayesian generalization will give 99. It'd be interesting
to see how NARS will respond to this type of problems.

YKY