Peter,

Thanks for the reference to the site -- no, I don't know anything about
them, though.

It seems they're heavily focused on sensorimotor intelligence at this phase,
with a few additions like

-- route planning
-- similarity matching between perceptual situation

It's very cool stuff, but I don't see anything on their site to indicate
they've made progress toward implementing advanced cognition, language
understanding, etc.

I guess this means their approach is more similar to yours than to mine...
they're starting with something more like a "robot animal" that finds its
way around in environments, and hoping to "scale up" from there to broader
forms of intelligence.  As you know, my fear is that this approach will lead
to "digital-evolution"-ary dead ends..

-- Ben G