Eugen wrote:
> Do any of you here use MPI, and assume 10^3..10^5 node parallelism?

My 32-bit code has built-in support for 10^3 parallelism, and the 64-bit
code gets essentially bottomless parallelism for free (unused bits and
all that).  However, as a practical matter I have not used it yet.  You
can buy really big shared memory hardware these days for not much money,
and my codes scale pretty nicely if the latency is reasonable.

So I guess you could say the codes have been built to support it, but it
has never been implemented in practice.  However, I'll be testing that
before the year is out.

cheers,

j. andrew rogers

subscription,