Hi.

Please understand though I am not open sourcing the project. And although I
am not certain which parts of what I am doing that are patentable if any, I
have documented the development and the partial disclosure of it so that I
am in a position to challenge anyone else who might try to
patent/commercialize it before me.  I'm not trying to delay the singularity
but if have quite a lot invested in the development and need to make sure
the technology is used wisely.

<< Pattern to match goes here
>> Statements executed after correct pattern is found
{} Required at exactly one inside to match
() Optional match one or zero inside
| seperator for {} or () choices
[] invokes subpattern, subpatterns may invoke other subpatterns
// Comments ok here
# Function names start with this character
Functions must be defined in the VB .Net code the language is implemented in.

I find your project quite interesting as I have been doing related things
for some time (ableit these are open source). Do you have a web
site where one could learn more about what you project does and
how (of course in general terms so you keep the patentable details
for yourself)? I would find it very interesting to read and analyse.
What I have not understood is how you handle semantics in your
"bot", or are your patterns just syntactical?

Perhaps using open-source tools might benefit your project as well.
Do you know about the effort called Controlled English?
http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/attempto/news/
It does not extract patterns, but it is really nice if your language
is not too complicated, and it has semantics.

- lk