Richard, could you describe your algorithms in a general way (I'm not asking for any proprietary information), so I could see if they would fit into my concept of a KBMS?

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scanlon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] The concept of a KBMS

Richard Loosemore wrote:

When you say that it "provides ... a general AI shell, within which any AI algorithms can be experimented with ...", I find myself exasperated [tho' not to worry, I am exasperated a lot ;-) ] -- it does not provide a language shell within which *any* of the algorithms that I work with can be experimented with. There is not even a shred of relationship between the kind of 'simplified-natural-language' systems and interfaces being discussed on this list right now, and the entire class of intelligent systems that I would consider the most viable candidates for cognition.

So, within the confines of certain conventional stuff talked about in whatever they teach in CS Artificial Intelligence courses these days, maybe these interfaces would help ... but it would be overstating the case to say that this includes all AI designs.

I am certainly exasperated with most AI work also. Giving someone a Ph.D in artificial intelligence is like giving someone a degree in aeronautical engineering before the Wright brothers.

If you could provide a basic description of your algorithms I might be able to show how they could be tested within my concept of a KBMS.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?list_id=303