On 1/28/07, Eric Baum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Have you ever played 20 questions?

Yep.

In the games I've played,
Alice in Wonderland would be a fine topic. I admit its surprising
that one plays as well as one does.

Interesting, and surprising, but I don't draw the same conclusion as you do.
The interesting conclusion I draw is that each group/circle of people who
play the game must have a different set of criteria for deciding what's a
fair question, and that we therefore must have a very surprising tacit
ability to judge what level of detail constitutes 20 bits of information. It
remains the case that we do know about more than a million things; you can't
build a human-equivalent mind with a million knowledge items. (Or with mere
explicit knowledge items at all, as Cyc has adequately demonstrated.)