For a different view on probabilistic and logical consistency, we can always turn to Dostoevsky, who posited that the essence of being human is that we can make ourselves believe 2+2=5 if we really want to '-)

I.e., he saw our potential for **willful inconsistency**, considered in the context of our potential for substantial consistency, as an essential -- perhaps _the_ essential -- feature of our humanity.

He agreed that humans are not fully consistent, but found this aesthetically and even morally positive!

I agree with him at least that it can be entertaining...

-- Ben G