Aki,

I guess you can see, from the replies so far, that what language
people choose is strongly influenced by their conception of AI. Since
people have very different opinions on what an AI is and what is the
best way to build it, it is natural that they selected different
languages, based mainly on its convenience for their concrete goal, or
even tried to invite new ones.

Therefore, I don't think there is a consensus on what the most
suitable language is for AI.

Pei