It's pretty clear that humans don't run FOPC as a native code, but that we can learn it as a trick.

I disagree. I think that Hebbian learning between cortical columns is essentially equivalent to basic probabilistic term logic.
Lower-level common-sense inferencing of the Clyde-->elephant-->gray type falls out of the representations and the associative operations.
I think it falls out of the logic of spike timing dependent long term potentiation of bundles of synapses between
cortical columns...

-- Ben G