On 3/14/07, J. Storrs Hall, PhD. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'll go out on a limb and conjecture that an AI can be fully described in less
than a megabyte of the appropriate formalism. (Allow 10 MB if you want to
implement the formalism in existing low-level languages.)

Some numbers that we know without a doubt have bearing on an upper bound.

Genome: 3 billion base pairs. 2 bits/pair, 750MB (somehow the human
genome project quotes 1byte / basepair, which is clearly wrong)

Protein coding sequences are approximately 1.5% of that, or 11.25MB.

The question is, how much of that goes into the structure of the brain?

Hmm...was the 1MB just a blue sky guess, or did you follow a similar
chain of reasoning?