But it seems like what Loosemore wants is an environment that will help him **discover** the right AGI design ... this is a different matter.... Or am I misunderstanding?

Somewhat. He made it sound that way but I would also assert that having such an environment would also certainly help speed up Novamente development where you clearly already have and are following a high-level design. Your subprojects and your research into learning algorithms would certainly benefit even more.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Goertzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] My proposal for an AGI agenda

Mark Waser wrote:
>> IMO, creating an AGI isn't really a programming problem.  The hard
part is knowing exactly what to program. Which is why it turns into a programming problem . . . . I started out as a biochemist studying enzyme kinetics. The only reasonable way to get a reasonable turn-around time on testing a new "fancy formula" was to update the simulation program myself. If the tools were there (i.e. Loosemoore's environment), it wouldn't be a programming problem. Since they aren't, the programming turns into a/the real problem. :-)

Well, programming AGI takes more time and effort now than it would with more appropriate programming tools ...

But it seems like what Loosemore wants is an environment that will help him **discover** the right AGI design ... this is a different matter.... Or am I misunderstanding?

-- Ben

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?list_id=303