The man issue is, we we still have basically no idea of the patterns
according to which the neurons in the mouse brain are really interconnected,
except in some particular regions ... so semi-randomly hooking up 8 million
(well-simulated individually) neurons is not really simulating half a mouse
brain...

-- Ben G

On 4/28/07, Lukasz Stafiniak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/28/07, Eugen Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 01:15:13PM -0400, J. Storrs Hall, PhD. wrote:
> > In case anyone is interested, some folks at IBM Almaden have run a
> > one-hemisphere mouse-brain simulation at the neuron level on a Blue
Gene (in

> What they did was running a simplified, unrealistic model.

Do you think that Blue Brain is realistic enough? Would you dare to
speculate how simple yet realistic enough model can we arrive at,
given data from experiments and simulations?

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;