For any formal definition of intelligence, there will exist a form of intelligence that is not covered by that definition because intelligence is non-trivial/complex enough to invoke Gödel's theorem.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Loosemore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 12:50 PM
Subject: **SPAM** Re: [agi] definitions of intelligence, again?!

Mark Waser wrote:
But there is a second type of definition that tries to *formalize* what the subject is, and that is where my challenge was really directed.

I believe that Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem basically renders this form of your challenge impossible.

Okay, now I have to figure out which level of the argument your comment was directed at ..... ;-)

I am not trying to *prove* that formalized proofs of intelligence cannot be true, so that can't be it ..... unlike Kurt, I have an Empirical Science bunker located right behind me, into which I can jump at the least sign of trouble..... :-).

Richard Loosemore

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;