No. Perhaps the most classic recent case was the Blackberry affair:
"NEW YORK (FORTUNE) - What would Osama bin Laden give to be able to knock out
every BlackBerry in America and achieve an instant, sweeping disruption of
commerce? The good news is he can't do it. The weird and disconcerting news
is that a company called NTP can and, unless it's paid off, probably will
sometime before Christmas."
http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/28/technology/blackberry_fortune_121205/index.htm

"NTP was founded in 1991 by the late inventor Thomas Campana and his patent
attorney, Donald Stout, of Arlington, Va. It has no employees and makes no
products."

In other words, it's a patent troll -- a company of lawyers that buys up
patents on speculation and waits for someone to build a business on a similar
idea and sue them. NTP got half a BILLION out of RIM (the company that makes
the Blackberry). What's more, there was clear prior art in the case and the
patent was later invalidated, but NTP had paid off the earlier inventor to
keep quiet while the suit was in progress.
(How NTP Kept Wireless Email Prior Art Quiet For $20,000
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20060417/0324230.shtml )

Most actual patent suits are from companies like this,  which don't make
anything and exist only for extortion. Companies making and selling real
inventions generally don't sue, they're busy doing real work.

The evil effects of patent law thus have little to do with real inventors. It
is that it provides an attractive path for people whose ONLY GOAL is
extortion, to do so legally. Wave half a billion under someone's nose, and
give their conscience the excuse that "hey, it's legal, isn't it?" and
they'll leave their morals at home in droves.

Josh