I wrote:
> If we do not give arbitrary access to the mind model itself or its
> implementation, it seems safer than if we do -- this limits the
> extent that RSI is possible: the efficiency of the model implementation
> and the capabilities of the model do not change.

An obvious objection to this is that if the "capabilities of the model" include
the ability to simulate a turing machine then the capabilities actually include
everything computable.  However, this issue being addressed is a practical one
referring to what actually happens, and there are enormous practical issues
involving resource limits of processing time and memory space that should be
considered.  Such consideration is part of a model-specific safety analysis.