  From: Benjamin Goertzel
  To: agi@v2.listbox.com
  Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 1:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [agi] What best evidence for fast AI?

      That's a good simple, starting case.  But how do you decide how much
knowledge to disburse?  How do you know what is irrelevant?  How much do your
answers differ between a small farmer in New Zealand, a rodeo rider in the
West, a veterinarian is Pennsylvania, a child in Washington, a bio-mechanician
studying gait?  And horse is actually a *really* simple concept since it refers
to a very specific type of physical object.

      Besides, are you really claiming that you'll be able to do this next
year?  Sorry, but that is just plain, unadulterated BS.  If you can do that,
you are light-years further along than . . . .

  Actually, this example is just not that hard.  I think we may be able to do
this during 2008, if funding for that particular NM application project holds
up (it's currently confirmed only thru May-June)

  ben