--- Jiri Jelinek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2007 5:39 PM, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > We just need to control AGIs goal system.
> >
> > You can only control the goal system of the first iteration.
>

> ..and you can add rules for it's creations (e.g. stick with the same
> goals/rules unless authorized otherwise)

You can program the first AGI to program the second AGI to be friendly.  You
can program the first AGI to program the second AGI to program the third AGI
to be friendly.  But eventually you will get it wrong, and if not you, then
somebody else, and evolutionary pressure will take over.

> > > obviously, it does exist.
> >
> > Belief in consciousness exists.  There is no test for the truth of this
> > belief.
>
> Consciousness is basically an awareness of certain data and there are
> tests for that.

autobliss passes tests for awareness of its inputs and responds as if it has
qualia.  How is it fundamentally different from human awareness of pain and
pleasure, or is it just a matter of degree?

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]