The overall architecture is what is needed, the glue to hold the modules
together.

Lots of talk has been goign on about the Narrow AI pieces being used to build
complete AGI.  We will not be able to use much of any of the pieces directly in
the core AGI, unless as Ben says they are modeled for the AGI architecture,
though we will use each of the narrow ai technologies inside the final AGI
product.

This overall architecture, such as Novamente (being the best defined one around
here) is what is needed, and it is near impossible to show any of these will
work until they do, prototypes are very hard to create like this, as without
any of these core pieces the AGI is merely a cute toy.

James Ratcliff

Dennis Gorelik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Russell,

> The main piece of technology I reckon is required to make more general
> progress is a software framework, which would be useful for narrow AI
> but is only essential if you want to go beyond that.

What do you mean under "software framework"?
I don't even see how "software framework" can be a bottleneck for
assembling AGI.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;