John G. Rose wrote:
From: Richard Loosemore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[snip]
I am not being negative, I am just relaying the standard understanding
of priorities in the AGI field as a whole.  Send complaints addressed to
"AGI Community", not to me, please.

You are being negative! And since when have the priorities of understandings
in the AGI field been standardized? Perhaps that is part the limiting factor
and self-defeating narrow-mindedness.

It is easy for a research field to agree that certain problems are really serious and unsolved.

A hundred years ago, the results of the Michelson-Morley experiments were a big unsolved problem, and pretty serious for the foundations of physics. I don't think it would have been "self-defeating narrow-mindedness" for someone to have pointed to that problem and said "this is a serious problem".

Richard Loosemore