Steve,

You are correct --- though the words like "induction", "abduction",
and "analogy" are used in many AI systems, under the hood they are
really deduction with minor variations.

For one thing, all non-deductive inference types are uncertain by
definition, so as far as binary logic is used, you won't get them. In
that sense, "Mathematical Induction" or "Induction/abduction by
exhaustive enumeration" are all deductions.

Even probabilistic inference can be purely deductive --- if all the
inference start and end in the same (consistent) probabilistic
distribution.

Pei