ROTFLMAO!  Excellent!  Thank you.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Richfield
  To: agi@v2.listbox.com
  Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:09 PM
  Subject: Re: [agi] Comments from a lurker...

  Mark,

  On 4/13/08, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    >> I then asked if anyone in the room had a 98.6F body temperature, and NO
ONE DID.

    Try this in a room with "normal" people.

  ~3/4 of the general population reaches ~98.6F sometime during the day. The
remaining 1/4 of the population have a varying assortment of symptoms generally
in the list of "hypothyroid symptoms", even though only about 1/4 of those
people have any thyroid-related issues. Then look at the patients who enter the
typical doctor's practice. There, it is about 50% each way. Then, look at the
patients in a geriatric practice, where typically NONE of the people reach
98.6F anytime during the day.

    You'll get almost the same answer.  98.6 is just the Fahrenheit value of a
rounded Celsius value -- not an accurate gauge.

  Wrong.  Healthy people quickly move between set points at ~97.4F, ~98.0F, and
98.6F. However, since medical researchers aren't process control people, they
have missed the importance of this "little" detail.

    My standard temperature is 96.8 -- almost two degrees low -- and this is
perfectly NORMAL.

  Thereby demonstrating the obsolescence of your medical information.

  NOW I understand! Simply resetting someone from 97.something temperature to
98.6F results in something like another ~20 IQ points. People usually report
that it feels like "waking up", perhaps for the first time in their entire
lives. I can hardly imagine the level of impairment that you must be working
though. NO WONDER that you didn't see the idiocy of making your snide comments.

    Any good medical professional

    understands this.

  Only if they have gray hair.

  This all comes from an old American Thyroid Association study that was
published in JAMA to discredit "Wilson's Thyroid Syndrome" (Now Wilson's
Temperature Syndrome, which has since been largely discredited for other
reasons) that my article references. There, many healthy people had their
temperatures taken at 8:00AM, and they found three groups:
  1.  People who were ~97.4F
  2.  People who were ~98.6F
  3.  People who were somewhere in between.

  However, if you take a healthy person and plot their temperature through the
day, you find that they sleep at 97.4F, and pop up to 98.6F sometime during the
first 3 hours after waking up. In short, the ATA study was ENTIRELY consistent
with my model and observations. However, inexplicably, the authors concluded
that people don't have any set temperature, without providing any explanation
as to how they reached that conclusion.

  However, YOUR temperature is REALLY anomalous and WAY outside the range of
the ATA's study, and possibly consistent with serious hypothyroidism. Have you
had your TSH tested yet? If not, then fire your present incompetent doctor and
find a board-certified endocrinologist.

    Don't criticize others for your assumptions of what they believe.

  Why not, when I have read the articles, tested dozens of healthy (and many
more unhealthy) people myself, and seen that in light of the observable facts,
that some conventional medical dogma absolutely MUST be wrong.

  Please, please get your temperature fixed before making any more snide
postings here. I find your snide comments to be painful, and I strongly suspect
that you too will see the errors of your ways and correct them when you finally
"wake up" as discussed above.

  Steve Richfield