On Jun 11, 2008, at 12:05 AM, Vladimir Nesov wrote:

And it extends to much more than 3D physical models -- humans are able
to adjust dynamic representations on the fly, given additional
information about any level of description, propagating consequences
to other levels of description and forming a plausible model from
heterogeneous hints. I consider this ability to accumulate flexible,
incrementally adjustable models, that can incorporate hints from
nonatomic analogous models, to be the central capability of human-like
intelligence.

While I was not aiming at it in particular, it is a manifestation of a very general model of computation based on efficient prediction and induction. The model is informed by measurements of the world, which allows us to predict the next best action in some goal context. You can build very general computational models this way, even (or particularly) when thinking about interactions with 3-dimensional spaces that are not directly tractably decidable.

J. Andrew Rogers