From: Ben Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [agi] Recursive self-change: some definitions
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 4:50 PM

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Eric Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I really see a number of algorithmic breakthroughs as necessary for

the development of strong general AI

I hear that a lot, yet I never hear any convincing  arguments in that regard...

So, hypothetically (and I hope not insultingly),
 I tend to view this as a kind of unconscious overestimation of the awesomeness
of our own

species ... we feel intuitively like we're doing SOMETHING so cool in our
brains, it couldn't
possibly be emulated or superseded by mere algorithms like the ones computer
scientists
have developed so far ;-)

ben

      agi | Archives