A good idea and a euro will get you a cup of coffee. Whoever said you
need to protect ideas is just shilly-shallying you. Ideas have no
market value; anyone capable of taking them up, already has more ideas
of his own than time to implement them. Don't take my word for it,
look around you; do you see people on this list going, I'm ready to
start work, someone give me an idea please? No, you see people going,
here are my ideas, and other people going, great thanks, but I've
already got my own.

What people will pay for is to have their problems solved. If you want
to get paid for AI, I think the best hope is to make as an open-source
project, and offer support, consultancy etc. It's a model that has
worked for other types of open source software.