Ben: I defy you to give me any neuroscience or cog sci result that cannot be
clearly explained using computable physics.

  Ben,

  As discussed before, no current computational approach can replicate the
brain's ability to produce a memory in what we can be v. confident are only a
few neuronal steps - by comparison with computers which often take millions of
steps. This is utterly central to general intelligence.and the capacity to
produce analogies/metaphors etc. The brain seems to work by "recall" (if I've
got the right term) as opposed to *search.* (And Hawkins argues that the entire
brain is a memory system - memories are stored everywhere).

  That indicates a radically different computer to any we have.

  Ben:Colin notes that we do not have a good, detailed explanation of how
scientific creativity emerges from computational processes.  OK.  I tried to
give such an explanation in "From Complexity to Creativity", but of course
whether my explanation is right, is subject to debate.

  Ben,

  I still intend to reply to your creativity post, but perhaps you/d care to at
least label what your "explanation" of scientific creativity is - I'm not aware
of your explaining, or connecting up any of the theories you explore - in any
*direct* way with any creative process at all. My brief reading is that you
indicate a loose, possible connection, but nothing direct - as your final
Conclusion seems to confirm:

  I"14.7 CONCLUSION
      The phenomenon of creativity is a challenge for the psynet model, and for
complexity science as a whole."

  Are you claiming you have any ideas here that anyone is paying attention to,
or should?