Greetings ALL

The following grant call just came out today ...

W/ all the talk of FRIENDLY AI on this list -- this might be a great funding
source.

I plan on entering w/ my own ethical AI patent ...

Let's potentially compare notes backchannel to see if any of our interests
might overlap.

Best

John LaMuth
www.charactervalues.org

____________________________

A New Science of Virtues

Research Grant Opportunity

In what ways might the humanities and the sciences cooperate to develop richer
understandings of virtue for modern societies?

The Arete Initiative at the University of Chicago is pleased to announce a new
$3 million research program on a New Science of Virtues. This is a
multidisciplinary research initiative that seeks contributions from individuals
and from teams of investigators working within the humanities and the sciences.
We support highly original, scholarly projects that demonstrate promise of a
distinctive contribution to virtue research and have the potential to begin a
new field of interdisciplinary study.

In 2010, about twenty (20), two-year research grants will be awarded ranging
from $50,000 to $300,000. Scholars and scientists from around the world are
invited to submit Letters of Intent (LOI) as entry into a research grant
competition. For a description of the required Letter of Intent and more
information about a New Science of Virtues, go to: www.scienceofvirtues.org  or
contact us directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Application Deadline:  March 2, 2009, 5:00pm Central Standard Time

    Are there any others out there that might consider a potential grant
COLLABORATION in this regard ??

    Cordially

    John LaMuth
    http://www.charactervalues.com