From: Trent Waddington [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 7:36 PM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: FW: [agi] A paper that actually does solve the problem of
consciousness--correction

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Ed Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am talking about the type of awareness that we humans have when we say
we
> are "conscious" of something.

You must talk to different humans to me.  I've not had anyone use the
word "conscious" around me in decades.. and usually they're either
high or talking about AI (or both).

Can you give some examples of their usage?  Cause if you're going to
talk about consciousness in terms of "you know, that thing" then I'd
really like to be sure that we're both talking about the same thing.

Trent