Do you have an MS degree?

In Europe, it's sometimes the case that after you get an MS, you can do a
PhD with no additional coursework, only thesis work.

In the US, considerably more coursework is generally required (with rare
exceptions)

ben g

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:30 AM, YKY (Yan King Yin) <
generic.intellige...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I'm considering getting a PhD somewhere, and I've accumulated some
> material for a thesis in my 50%-finished AGI book.  I think getting a
> PhD will put my work in a more rigorous form and get it published.
> Also it may help me get funding afterwards, either in academia or in
> the business world.
>
> I want to maximize the time spent on my thesis while minimizing time
> spent on other 'coursework' (ie things that aren't directly related to
> my project, exams, classes, homework, etc).  Which universities should
> I look at?  Or should I contact some professors directly?
>
> Thanks! =)
> YKY

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
b...@goertzel.org

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
-- Groucho Marx