--- On Tue, 1/13/09, Valentina Poletti <jamwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyways my point is, the reason why we have achieved so much technology, so
> much knowledge in this time is precisely the "we", it's the union of several
> individuals together with their ability to communicate with one-other that
> has made us advance so much.

I agree. A machine that is 10 times as smart as a human in every way could not
achieve much more than hiring 10 more people. In order to automate the economy,
we have to replicate the capabilities of not one human mind, but a system of
10^10 minds. That is why my AGI proposal is so hideously expensive.
http://www.mattmahoney.net/agi2.html

-- Matt Mahoney, matmaho...@yahoo.com