2010/7/22 deepakjnath <deepakjn...@gmail.com>

> Is there any predisposition to the Number 7 and our brains?
>
> Why do we have a scale with 7 notes? Why are there 7 colors in a rainbow.?
> Can this relate to how we perceive things?
>
> Seven days of a week.
>
> cheers,
> Deepak
>    *agi* | Archives <https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/303/=now>
> <https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/rss/303/> |
> <http://www.listbox.com>

You can pick any number and find things related to it. Besides, your
anecdotes may be explained with physics or musical theory, for example. I
don't know anything about music theory, but it seems that the chromatic
scale has 12 notes. Also, it seems that Newton named 7 colors in the Rainbow
to make it match the idea of the seven note scale (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow#Distinct_colours )

- Panu Horsmalahti