Hi,

Sometimes outrageous comments are a catalyst for better ideas.

On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 01:48 +0200, Jan Klauck wrote:
> Mike Tintner trolled
>
> > And maths will handle the examples given :
> >
> > same tunes - different scales, different instruments
> > same face -  cartoon, photo
> > same logo  - different parts [buildings/ fruits/ human figures]
>
> Unfortunately I forgot. The answer is somewhere down there:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eigenvalue,_eigenvector_and_eigenspace
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_recognition
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curve_fitting
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_identification

No-one has successfully integrated these concepts into a working AGI,
despite numerous attempts. Even though these concept feel general, when
implemented, only narrow or "affected by combinatorial explosion" have
succeeded.

> > revealing them to be the same  -   how exactly?
>
> Why should anybody explain that mystery to you? You are not an
> accepted member of the Grand Lodge of AGI Masons or its affiliates.
>
> > Or you could take two arseholes -  same kind of object, but radically
> > different configurations - maths will show them to belong to the same
> > category, how?
>
> How will you do it? By licking them?

Personal attacks only weaken your arguments.