Adding is simple proving is hard. This is a truism. I would like your
opinion on *proofs* which involve an unproven hypothesis, such as Riemann.
Hardy and Littlewood proved Goldbach with this assumption. Unfortunately the
does not apply. The truth of Goldbach does not imply the Riemann hypothesis.
Riemann would be proved if a converse was valid and the theorem proved
another way.

I am not really arguing deep philosophy, what I am saying is that a
non inscrutable system must go to its basic axioms.

  - Ian Parker