I agree -- these things suck. I have spent time trying to fool the sensor.

It brings up the bigger issue of what makes good technology vs. what is not
a good use of technology.  A lot of technology I simply hate, like digital
pictures (intended for some aesthetic use).  We have to be selective about
technology -- a lot of it simply sucks.

But in the big scheme, artificial general intelligence does NOT suck like a
stupid see-ing eye toilet.