And I think you have to ask the question, does it even make sense to have
an AGI application?  If you are already restricting a problem, doesn't
that by definition make it not general?  I guess the idea that if you have
an AGI architecture, you can throw it at some specific problem.  But what
is the human level of involvement?  I feel that something keeping AI
narrow is that there are people in the loop.  Maybe people are handling
the task of designing the knowledge structure, or going from knowledge to
some computer representation, or representing the problem in a form that a
system can handle.  For me, the AGI problem is getting it so the system
can do all the work.  The input from the user would need to be something
very simple, like a question or command, or maybe a slightly longer
problem statement.  Maybe back and forth conversation.  Presumably an AGI
has to have some way of slurping in the accumulated knowledge people have.
but if guidance is needed after a problem is decided on, or the problem is
there early in development, you have limited the generality of that
intelligence.

andi