On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:39 AM, Charles Reiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I object.
[...]
> Generally, I think it would be good to try avoid inflating chits by
> always raising rates, especially since some of the underlying crops
> are becoming more available and thus less valuable.

I agree.  I object to the proposed changes as well.

I was working on a thesis back before the non-Reformed Bank collapsed
due to the subprime crisis or comex's scam or something (who can
remember?), analyzing the economy of Agora including the relative
scarcity and utility of each commodity compared with its exchange
value.  I may start it over now that the economy seems to have
restabilized, and use the conclusions to propose new exchange rates.