On 21 June 2011 23:21, Pavitra <celestialcognit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gratuitous arguments: Perl is moderately liberal with boolean
> evaluation, treating (for example) the string '0' as false. It's
> possible that AGAINST (or perhaps PRESENT) might evaluate to false.

Arguments: We have precedent that the truth value of an action
statement is true if it succeeds and false if it does not; as many
Perl I/O functions also follow such a convention, we should treat the
boolean value of an AGAINST vote as true if the vote was successfully
cast (and perhaps valid?) and false otherwise, if anything.