On Sun, 23 Oct 2011, woggle wrote:
> On 10/23/11 6:03 PM, Ed Murphy wrote:
> > I change all sitting players to standing.
> >
> > Detail: http://zenith.homelinux.net/cotc/viewcase.php?cfj=3114
> >
> > ==============================  CFJ 3114  ==============================
> >
> >     If I cashed the above-quoted promise, it would cause G. to
> >     violate a rule.

> I judge CFJ 3114 TRUE. See Pavitra's arguments in related CFJ  3115.
> R478's simulation of G. publishing this document would be sufficient to
> violate the R2143's requirement that reports are accurate.

Oops, in retrospect this was the wrong CFJ.  The question is not on
violating the rule (obviously it does), the question is on escaping
punishment.  I CFJ on the following statement:

If the Promise cited in CFJ 3114 were cashed by ais523, G. would
generally be found NOT GUILTY of the resulting violation.

Arguments:
1.  Once the promise is in someone else's hands, G. generally can't
prevent the breach from occurring (see R1504(e)).
2.  This promise contained an illegal action when the promise was
created.  The judge is asked to also opine on what would happen
if the promise weren't illegal when written, but became illegal
later (see R1504(d or e)).