On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Ed Murphy <emurph...@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> Detail: http://zenith.homelinux.net/cotc/viewcase.php?cfj=3250
>
> =========================  Criminal Case 3250  =========================
>
>     ais523 violated the rule "The Ambassador-At-Large" (which I
>     haven't numbered yet) by using a power granted to Agora's
>     ambassadors other than as allowed by the rules.

> Caller:                                 omd
> Barred:                                 ais523
>
> Judge:                                  FKA441344
> Judgement:

> History:
>
> Called by omd:                          09 Jul 2012 23:31:55 GMT
> Defendant ais523 informed:              09 Jul 2012 23:31:55 GMT
> Assigned to FKA441344:                  (as of this message)

> Caller's Arguments:
>
> Regardless of whether e "attempt[ed] to use" the power, e did "use"
> it; and regardless of whether e was allowed to take actions by sending
> that message, e was not allowed to use a power by sending it.

> Caller's Evidence:
>
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM, omd <c.ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Alex Smith <ais...@bham.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> I assume Ambassador-At-Large.
>>
>> In other news, I hereby announce a new Nomic:
>
> [16:15:17] <ais523> I have other counterarguments too, but want to
> keep them secret because they're both 100% going to work, and easily
> workaroundable on your part ;)
>
> Bring it on :)
>
> I announce, for the record, that the Counter is 2, as one of Agora's
> ambassadors has posted a message to agora-business clearly indicating
> attempts to perform actions by announcement (I interpret "an attempt"
> as "at least one attempt"):
>
>> I cash this Campaign Speech.
>
>> Oh, and I vote for scshunt in the Promotor election.
>
> A foreign nomic may grant certain powers (in the ordinary-language
>      sense) and privileges to Agora's ambassadors. It is ILLEGAL to use or
>      attempt to use such powers or privileges except as allowed by the
>      rules of Agora. The Ambassador-At-Large CAN and MAY, with Agoran
>      Consent, authorize emself to use such powers or priviliges in a
>      specified way, in a specified nomic, in a specified timeframe of
>      length not exceeding two weeks. If a foreign nomic allows for Agora
>      to take actions in it, the ambassador CAN and MAY, with Agoran
>      consent, take a specified action or series of actions in it on
>      behalf of Agora, provided that the nomic is Protected, Friendly, or
>      Neutral.
>
> Nomic 1
>
> 1. This is the ruleset for Nomic 1.  omd is the only player of Nomic
> 1, and can amend these rules arbitrarily by posting a message with the
> new ruleset to agora-business.
>
> 2. The Counter is: 2.  Agora's ambassadors have the power to amend
> this rule to increment the Counter by 1 by posting a message to
> agora-business indicating an attempt to perform any Agoran action by
> announcement.

> Gratuitous Arguments by omd:

> [...]

CFJ 3250: NOT GUILTY. Rule 101 gives ais523 the right to use the fora,
and the judge's arguments from case 1768 state
{
 [...]
 I find that rule 101's right of participation in the fora covers at
 least those forms of participation that constitute the ordinary way
 to achieve the purposes of the fora. [...]
}.
Performing game actions via agora-business is included in this.

CFJ 3251: NOT GUILTY. ais523 was not prohibited from participating in the fora.