On 05/26/2017 09:15 AM, Nic Evans wrote:
On 05/26/2017 05:28 AM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
I judge CFJ 3515 TRUE in concurrence with the judgement of CFJ 3511 by Gaelan. Further, by this standard any rule-defined or non-rule-defined verb is an action. However, what it would be to “24 Hours Notice” is unclear to me, therefore I believe what is intended is to ask whether “to give 24 Hours Notice” is an action. I find this to be an action and to be secured if the action for which one is giving the 24 hours notice is rule-defined, as “to give 24 Hours Notice” is in this context synonymous with “to intent” or “to issue intent”. I plan to soon release a thesis elaborating on the types of actions, how they can be used, and other action related topics.

----
Publius Scribonius Scholasticus
p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com

I motion to reconsider with 2 Support. The statement "any rule-defined or non-rule-defined verb is an action" is a codification of the I Say I Did Therefore I Did fallacy.

More elaborated arguments:

I agree with TRUE for the text of the CFJ. The issue I have is that not every verb is an action. In fact, not every purported action is an action. Players *can* do things by announcement, but many of those things require other conditions to be met to be done. It would not be an action for me to say "I distribute the following proposals" because the action purported isn't possible for me.