On Sun, 2017-07-09 at 18:10 -0700, Aris Merchant wrote:
> I object on the same grounds. Please, just try to ignore em. Also,
> you deregister by announcement, so your intent is ineffective.

Agreed with respect to "don't let one player get you down if the rest
of the game is enjoyable". So on that basis, I object.

In terms of the "you can't deregister without objection", we used to
have an "induction" rule that let you do actions via a "more difficult"
method of the intended method (e.g. if an action could be taken by
announcement, it could be taken with support or without objection
instead). That rule's been repealed since (I think it was added in the
hope it would lead to interesting scams; IIRC it was used a couple of
times). That said, remember that the dependent action system is
"backwards" (intents don't do anything at all by themselves, but
resolutions fail unless there's a matching intent), so you can announce
intent to do anything you like without breaking the rules, and in this
case, it looked like it was a normal English definition of intention.

--
ais523