> On Oct 3, 2017, at 7:30 PM, Owen Jacobson <o...@grimoire.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi folks! Sorry about the delay getting this going, and on the reports. I’ve
> come down with a nasty head cold and it’s knocked the wind right out of me.
> I’ll try to get caught up on my office duties this evening and tomorrow, so
> that I don’t miss any deadlines, but your patience is much appreciated.
>
> As Surveyor, it is my pleasure to annouce that the October estate auction,
> for the estate of Dawsbergen, has begun.
>
> For those of you who are new, please review Rule 2491 (“Estate Auctions”). In
> summary:
>
> * Bids may only be placed by announcement.
> * Players may bid on their own behalf, to win the Estate for themselves.
> * Players may bid on behalf of any Organization whose charter makes such a
> bid Appropriate, to win the Estate for that Organization.
>
> The auction will end in exactly seven days.

This auction ended at Tue, 10 Oct 2017 19:30:33 -0400, with the following bids:

* o, 1 sh., for emself.
* o, 80 sh., for emself. (Incuded a blurb.)
* G., 1,010 sh. for emself.

G. wins the auction. G., you have seven days to pay Agora to acquire the Estate
of Dawsbergen.

> As is my custom, I pledge as follows:
>
> * If there is exactly one winning bid, and if that bid includes a blurb
> describing the region of Dawsbergen, of at least 70 words, I will include
> that blurb in at least one future Surveyor’s report if it is possible for me
> to do so. I will pay the lesser of 10% of the winning bid, rounded up, or 50
> Shinies, to the player who made the bid, i immediately after resolving the
> auction.

I have an outstanding intent to withdraw this pledge. However, I’ll hold off
for a day or so to give people a chance to evaluate my wording change and my
actions in this message. I _believe_ I reworded my pledge a bit relative to
last month to avoid being obligated to pay players who do not submit blurbs;
G.’s bid did not include a blurb, so I believe I did not pledge to pay em any
amount of shinies.

-o